Help protect your loved one from pneumonia risk with Continue Care Oral Cleansing and Suctioning Systems. The suction tools and all-in-one cleansing and moisturizing oral solution make it easier to perform routine oral care, which helps reduce the risk of pneumonia. The system is conveniently divided into pull away sections that contain everything you need to clean your loved one’s mouth.
- 1 – Covered Yankauer
- 2 packages – 1 Suction Toothbrush with sodium bicarbonate, Corinz® Antiseptic Cleansing and Moisturizing Oral Rinse
- 2 packages – 1 Suction Swab with sodium bicarbonate, Corinz Antiseptic Cleansing and Moisturizing Oral Rinse
|CONTENTS: 1 Suction Toothbrush with sodium bicarbonate .25 fl. oz./7ml Antiseptic Oral Rinse, 0.07 oz./2g Mouth Moisturizer, 1 Applicator Swab
ANTISEPTIC ORAL RINSE:
Cetylpyridinium chloride .05%......................................................................................
- Aids in the removal of secretions and debris and helps reduce the chance of infection in minor oral irritation.
Stop use and ask a doctor if:
- Sore mouth symptoms do not improve in 7 days.
- Swelling, rash or fever develops.
- Irritation, pain or redness persists or worsens.
|Keep out of reach of children.
If more than used for debriding is accidentally swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- Before opening, turn package over, burst solution packet with thumbs.
- Peel lid to open.
- Remove Mouth Moisturizer and Applicator Swab.
- Attach Toothbrush to suction line.
- Clean teeth and oral cavity for approximately one minute.
- To suction, place thumb over port.
- To clear tubing, rinse with sterile saline or appropriate solution.
- Discard Toothbrush. Reattach Covered Yankauer to suction line.
- Place Mouth Moisturizer on Applicator Swab.
- Apply as needed to lips and inside mouth.
- Use up to 4 times daily, or as directed by a dentist or doctor.
- Children under 12 years of age: supervise use.
- Children under 3 years of age: consult a dentist or doctor.
- Use a bite block when performing oral care on patients with altered levels of consciousness or those who cannot comprehend commands.
- Ensure foam is intact after use. If not, remove any particles from oral cavity.
Water, sorbitol, peppermint flavor, potassium sorbate, polysorbate 80, polysorbate 20, citric acid, Blue 1 (CI 42090).
|Questions or comments?
call toll-free 800-323-2220 (Monday to Friday 8 AM- 5 PM CST)
|Sodium Bicarbonate ingredients: Water, sodium bicarbonate, sodium carboxymethyl cellulose, sodium lauryl sulfate, flavor, sodium saccharin, sodium benzoate.
Mouth Moisturizer ingredients*: Water, coconut oil, xylitol, spearmint flavor, sodium carboxymethyl cellulose, tocopheryl acetate (vitamin E), spearmint oil, carbomer, polysorbate 20, polysorbate 80, potassium sorbate, cetylpyridinium chloride.
Toothette's? easy-to-use oral care systems help reduce bacterial colonization in the mouth and on the surface of the teeth - a known risk factor for ventilator-associated pneumonia (VAP).1 In fact, two separate studies using our Q?Care? Oral Cleansing and Suctioning Systems as part of a comprehensive oral care protocol saw VAP reductions of 42% and 60%.2,3 With multiple products incorporating innovative tools and effective solutions, proven clinical outcomes and effective compliance programs, it's no wonder 93% of all oral care is trusted to Toothette.4
References: 1. Vollman K, Garcia R, Miller L, AACN News. 2005 Aug; 22(8):12-6. 2. Vollman K, Garcia R, Miller L, AACN News. 2005;22(8):122-3,15-6. 3. Schleder B, Stott K, Lloyd RC, J Advocate Health Care. 2002;4(1):27-30 4. Healthcare Products Information Services (HPIS), Hospital Market Trend Report, 2nd Qtr 2006.