Help keep your loved one’s
mouth clean by removing bits of food and plaque and excess fluid with our
Covered Yankauer. The Yankauer connects directly to your oral suction line and
the soft tip is gentle on your loved one’s gums. When not in use, the
protective sleeve covers the Yankauer to help protect it from environmental bits
of food and plaque.
- Aids in the removal of secretions.
- Remove Yankauer and attach to suction line.
- Retract sleeve as shown. Slide cap down until it locks in place.
- To suction, slide switch to "ON."
- After use, rinse with sterile saline or appropriate solution until tubing is clear.
- IMPORTANT: When not in use, make sure the ON/OFF switch is in the "OFF" position to prevent loss of suction power.
- Pull sleeve over Yankauer tip to cover.
- Remove Yankauer and discard after 24 hours, or according to hospital protocol.
- For single patient oral use by a healthcare professional only.
- Use a bite block when performing oral care on patients with altered levels of consciousness or those who cannot comprehend commands.
- Federal (U.S.A.) law restricts this device to sale by or on the order of a physician or licensed practitioner.
|Questions or comments?
call toll-free 800-323-2220 (Monday to Friday 8 AM- 5 PM CST)
Toothette's? easy-to-use oral care systems help reduce bacterial colonization in the mouth and on the surface of the teeth - a known risk factor for ventilator-associated pneumonia (VAP).1 In fact, two separate studies using our Q?Care? Oral Cleansing and Suctioning Systems as part of a comprehensive oral care protocol saw VAP reductions of 42% and 60%.2,3 With multiple products incorporating innovative tools and effective solutions, proven clinical outcomes and effective compliance programs, it's no wonder 93% of all oral care is trusted to Toothette.4
References: 1. Vollman K, Garcia R, Miller L, AACN News. 2005 Aug; 22(8):12-6. 2. Vollman K, Garcia R, Miller L, AACN News. 2005;22(8):122-3,15-6. 3. Schleder B, Stott K, Lloyd RC, J Advocate Health Care. 2002;4(1):27-30 4. Healthcare Products Information Services (HPIS), Hospital Market Trend Report, 2nd Qtr 2006.
Overall Customer Rating of 10 Reviews: