Keeping the mouth clean is an important part of overall health. Bacteria in the mouth can form dental plaque, which has been linked to various diseases that originate in the mouth, including gingivitis. One study showed that “plaque on teeth can provide a breeding ground for this growth of bacteria.”1 Our single use swab system with Perox-A-Mint helps clean and moisturize the mouth to promote oral health.
- 2 Suction Swabs with sodium bicarbonate
- 0.25 fl. oz./7 mL Perox-A-Mint Solution
Reference: 1. Vollman K, Garcia R, Miller L, AACN News. 2004 Aug; 22(8): 12-6.
1.5% Hydrogen peroxide......................................................................................
Oral debriding agent
Aids in the removal of debris and secretions.
Stop use and ask a doctor if:
- Sore mouth symptoms do not improve in 7 days.
- Swelling, rash or fever develops.
- Irritation, pain or redness persists or worsens.
|Keep out of reach of children.
If more than used for debriding is accidentally swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- Before opening, turn package over, burst solution packet with thumbs.
- Peel lid to open.
- Remove Suction Swab and attach to suction line.
- Clean teeth and oral cavity for approximately 1 minute.
- To suction, place thumb over port.
- Repeat cleaning with other Suction Swab as needed.
- To clear tubing, rinse with sterile saline or appropriate solution.
- Discard after use.
- Use up to 4 times daily, or as directed by a dentist or doctor.
- Children under 12 years of age: supervise use.
- Children under 3 years of age: consult a dentist or doctor.
- Use a bite block when performing oral care on patients with altered levels of consciousness or those who cannot comprehend commands.
- Ensure foam is intact after use. If not, remove any particles from oral cavity.
Water, menthol flavor (aroma), polysorbate 80, phosphoric acid, sodium saccharin, Blue 1 (CI 42090), Yellow 6 (CI 15985).
|Questions or comments?
call toll-free 800-323-2220 (Monday to Friday 8 AM- 5 PM CST)
Toothette's? easy-to-use oral care systems help reduce bacterial colonization in the mouth and on the surface of the teeth - a known risk factor for ventilator-associated pneumonia (VAP).1 In fact, two separate studies using our Q?Care? Oral Cleansing and Suctioning Systems as part of a comprehensive oral care protocol saw VAP reductions of 42% and 60%.2,3 With multiple products incorporating innovative tools and effective solutions, proven clinical outcomes and effective compliance programs, it's no wonder 93% of all oral care is trusted to Toothette.4
References: 1. Vollman K, Garcia R, Miller L, AACN News. 2005 Aug; 22(8):12-6. 2. Vollman K, Garcia R, Miller L, AACN News. 2005;22(8):122-3,15-6. 3. Schleder B, Stott K, Lloyd RC, J Advocate Health Care. 2002;4(1):27-30 4. Healthcare Products Information Services (HPIS), Hospital Market Trend Report, 2nd Qtr 2006.
Overall Customer Rating of 15 Reviews: