Keeping the mouth clean is an important part of overall health. Bacteria in the mouth can form dental plaque, which has been linked to various diseases that originate in the mouth, including gingivitis. One study showed that “plaque on teeth can provide a breeding ground for this growth of bacteria.”1 The Toothette Short Term Swab System with Perox-A-Mint helps clean the mouth to promote oral health.
- 20 Toothette Swabs with sodium bicarbonate
- 1.5 fl. oz./44 mL Bottle of Perox-A-Mint Solution
- 0.5 oz./14 g Tube of Mouth Moisturizer
Reference: 1. Vollman K, Garcia R, Miller L, AACN News. 2004 Aug; 22(8): 12-6.
1.5% Hydrogen peroxide......................................................................................
Oral debriding agent
Aids in the removal of debris and secretions.
Stop use and ask a doctor if:
- Sore mouth symptoms do not improve in 7 days.
- Swelling, rash or fever develops.
- Irritation, pain or redness persists or worsens.
|Keep out of reach of children.
If more than used for debriding is accidentally swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- Dip an Oral Swab into the Perox-A-Mint solution.
- Clean teeth and oral cavity for approximately 1 minute.
- Instruct to expectorate.
- Apply Mouth Moisturizer as needed.
- Discard after use.
- Swabs are intended for single oral use only.
- Use up to 4 times daily or as directed by a dentist or doctor.
- Children under 12 years of age: supervise use.
- Children under 3 years of age: consult a dentist or doctor.
- Use a bite block when performing oral care on patients with altered levels of consciousness or those who cannot comprehend commands.
- Ensure foam is intact after use. If not, remove any particles from oral cavity.
Water, menthol flavor (aroma), polysorbate 80, phosphoric acid, sodium saccharin, Blue 1 (CI 42090), Yellow 6 (CI 15985).
|Questions or comments?
call toll-free 800-323-2220 (Monday to Friday 8 AM- 5 PM CST)
Toothette's? easy-to-use oral care systems help reduce bacterial colonization in the mouth and on the surface of the teeth - a known risk factor for ventilator-associated pneumonia (VAP).1 In fact, two separate studies using our Q?Care? Oral Cleansing and Suctioning Systems as part of a comprehensive oral care protocol saw VAP reductions of 42% and 60%.2,3 With multiple products incorporating innovative tools and effective solutions, proven clinical outcomes and effective compliance programs, it's no wonder 93% of all oral care is trusted to Toothette.4
References: 1. Vollman K, Garcia R, Miller L, AACN News. 2005 Aug; 22(8):12-6. 2. Vollman K, Garcia R, Miller L, AACN News. 2005;22(8):122-3,15-6. 3. Schleder B, Stott K, Lloyd RC, J Advocate Health Care. 2002;4(1):27-30 4. Healthcare Products Information Services (HPIS), Hospital Market Trend Report, 2nd Qtr 2006.
Overall Customer Rating of 8 Reviews: